“One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.”
― Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle
Whether you’re en route to some exotic travel destination for the summer or simply sitting in your back yard, sipping a refreshing glass of your favorite libation… you’ll probably want to enjoy some good summer reading. Here’s a list of ten books (novels, non-fiction and debut releases by new authors) that you may want to try out.
Not in any particular order:
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- South of Broad by Pat Conroy
- A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
- Rockaway by Tara Ison
- Thinking In Numbers: On Life, Love, Meaning, and Math by Daniel Tammet
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
First Releases (Fiction) by New Authors:
First Releases (Non-fiction) by New Authors:
- Along the Shore: Rediscovering Toronto’s Waterfront Heritage by M. Jane Fairburn
- Casualties of the (Recession) Depression by Heather Joan Marinos
“Come with me,’ Mom says.
To the library.
Books and summertime
― Lisa Schroeder, I Heart You, You Haunt Me
Photo via holidayrentals.com.