“Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them.
They move on. They move away.
The moments that used to define them are covered by
moments of their own accomplishments.
It is not until much later, that
their stories and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories
of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones,
beneath the water of their lives.”
― Paulo Coelho
As I say each year, on this day, the 8th of January:
“For those of you who have been following, reading and enjoying each of my seven New Year revelations …. Thank You.
I would like to point out that they are not New Year Resolutions. I don’t make New Year Resolutions anymore. They are my own personal revelations. Epiphanies. Discoveries. In the past decade, I’ve faced some daunting challenges and heart-wrenching events. I’d like to think that I’ve handled them with dignity, compassion, grace, and humor. Always humor. It helps take the edge off.
So, the lessons that these “life tests” have taught me are my “revelations.” As I move forward with my life, I will use them as my guide. Wisdom has to be earned. For me, it’s an ongoing journey, as I’m sure it is for all of you, as well.”
Here’s a synopsis (the numbers have a hyperlink back to each revelation post):
- New Year’s Revelation No 1: “Life’s too short”
- New Year’s Revelation No 2: “Learn about the world around you”
- New Year’s Revelation No 3: “Read a person’s eyes… “
- New Year’s Revelation No 4: “If you’re a man, be a gentleman… “
- New Year’s Revelation No 5: “I may be small, but I’m strong”
- New Year’s Revelation No 6: “Keep things neat, clean and tidy… “
- New Year’s Revelation No 7: “Why the hell should I care what anybody thinks of me?”
And on it goes.
I’m looking forward to whatever 2015 has in store for me.
I wish you all a blessed, healthy and happy 2015 and may your own personal journey bring you deep fulfillment and wisdom… and loads of wonderful opportunity and adventures!
(Photo credit: Heather Joan Marinos. © 2015. All Rights Reserved. Use of this photo in any form is strictly prohibited.)